Quote of the Day

“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves."

--Helen Keller,

deaf and blind author, activist

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Helmet Part 2

On Thursday Tavis got his helmet fitted and wore it for the first time. He is such a happy baby he didn't even care whether it was on or not but I sure did. After we left the doctors I went to walmart for some household items and as I strolled tavis around everyone starred and gawked and it was awful. I rolled myself into a corner and cried for a while and when I was brave enough came out and finished my shopping. I know everyone was just curious but it sure felt horrbile to be on the other end of the stares. Tavis' top left tooth is just about to come through and the right one is now swollen so he's actually not a very happy camper. So, between the teething and the helmet he has had a big week. He sleep pretty well with the helmet on but not at night. He sure lets us know when he wants it off and when we take it of he is drenched. Babies are so amazing. . . all that they have to go through and they handle it like champs most of the time. It's incredible to see how well he adapts to all the changes and growing he does. We love him! If you can't figure out what's on Tavis' face it's his binki. . he spits it out and that's where it lands. despite everything you can see how truly happy he is! I love it!


As for me, well I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's and so I am over the Beehives which is kind of weird because I feel like I was just a Beehive yesterday. I am really excited and love my little girls!! Nathan is still going strong with no calling and I think he actually really likes it because he gets Tavis during church and therefore has plenty of excuses to leave early, walk the halls, sit on the couch instead of in class, . . . don't worry I'm trying to get him into shape. Oh, By the way if you didn't know they split our ward so they had to reorganize our new ward.

9 comments:

Kendra said...

Jess- I'm WAY excited for you to be in the Young Women's! Those girls are going to LOVE you! You always have been a spiritual giant, so you're perfect for the calling. Thanks for posting on my blog, it's nice to hear from you!

Kendra said...

oh, by the way, what a darling little guy! I just want to squeeze him!

Anonymous said...

Oh... Those Beehives will LOVE you! You will be great!! Little Tavis is so adorable... I love when he smiles ear to ear! I love him SO much!!

Keri said...

Cute Tavis! Congrats on your calling you will do a great job with them. Glad it's not me. J/k well kind of not.

Jenn said...

He's so cute! I don't think I've seen a clear helmet before. He's so happy :)

Congratulations on your calling! You'll do fabulous!!!! YWs is a fun place to serve.

Ashlee said...

hey jessica, the walmart story made me so sad! im so sorry, no one should have to feel that way. he is the cutest little boy-those eyes! the helmet is so important for him, i am so impressed how great it looks actually, clear and everything. you are a great mom just keep your chin up:) we are glad to have you in YW. the girls will just love ya im sure!

jackie said...

Tavis is so dang cute..his cute little smile and he looks so darling sitting up all by himself! I'm suprised how happy he is with his helmet and all! Isn't teething so great! I'm so glad to have you in Young Women's and excited to be able to see you more!

The Roberts Family said...

Congratulations!!! You will love the Young Women so much and they will love you!!! The Beehives are wonderful and you will touch their lives forever because of your positive approach to life and your courage and strength! I know for you have made a differnce in our lives!! You are amazing and we love you!!! Tavis is so adorable!!!! He is such a joy to all of us for he brings sunshine just with his smile!!! You are a great mom!!!! Thanks for posting on our site! It was good to hear from you!

Lindsey Hansen said...

Hey Jess! It's Lindsey Hansen! Your ittle boy is the CUTEST! I cannot believe how big he is. It feels like yesterday we came and gave you food and saw you little baby boy! He is going to be a heart breaker! I'm so excited for you to be in young womens! You are going to make it so much fun for them! You are awesome!