Quote of the Day

“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves."

--Helen Keller,

deaf and blind author, activist

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Girls Lunner. . .

Last Wednesday a bunch of us girls in the valley went to Amber Parry's house around noon and ate a delicious lunch (amber made herself). It was a blast chat and laugh. We talked about everything. The kids played and kept each other busy which was nice but when they had dance time it was priceless. It is so great for us women to get out and have adult conversations and laugh and truly enjoy ourselves. I love to build relationships with truly great and fun women especially those that uplift me and help me to be an optimist, they edify me. We all stayed until about 5 pm when we decided our husbands need us. I know that I could call any of these friends at any point and ask a question or a favor and they would be there for me. . I know this because I have called and asked dumb mother questions that I should know and don't. They don't laugh at me they just love and help me and I truly appreciate that. Here are some pictures of our little party! I hope you all enjoy and thanks so much for a needed afternoon! Love ya.



So Much FUN!!

8 comments:

Abby said...

We did have a GREAT time that day. Don't forget the next play day is the 30th @ Tiff's. We should try to get together befor then. I like to do it once a week. it gives me something to look foeward to each week.

jackie said...

Looks like a blast! I was going to try and make it but McKenna was napping right at that time. Can't mess up the nap schedule, right? I'm so glad to see you are blogging. We'll have to get together sometime!

Harris said...

How fun! I love good girl friends, they are the BEST!! It looks like you guys had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!

Jenn said...

Jess, what a fun day!!!!! As a mom (and a wife) you need a little girl time as well!!! :) Enjoy the time together w/ the kids and each other.

Jayson & Carrie said...

Yea! That is fun to see the pictures...we are two hot Ward girls aren't we? hehe Love 'ya!!

Ashlee said...

that really was a fun day! i'm excited for the next one:) i really like your hair dark too, have i told you that? c u soon i hope, and way cute blog!

Harris said...

I just wanted to invite you to our baby update blog, but I can't do it until I have your e-mail address...probably the one you use for your blog, let me know and i'll get it set up! love ya! the blogsite will be harrisbabyupdates.blogspot.com