Quote of the Day

“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves."

--Helen Keller,

deaf and blind author, activist

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Helmet

Wow it's only been just over a week and the New Year has started with a Bang! We went in for Tavis's 6 month check up and his pediatrician suggested that Tavis get a helmet to help his head shape. So on Tuesday we met with a Brace Dr. who fits and makes the helmets and he molded Tavis's head. Tavis was super great until the plaster started to harden and you could tell he began to feel a little uncomfortable but other than that everything wet very well.




The helmet will create a void on the flat space of Tavis's head so as his head grows it will grow into that empty space to make the back of his head more round. This is purely cosmetic and has no affect on his brain. The reason they suggest to do this is so that if he were to ever have glasses or braces his structure will be as symmetric as possible. It's quite interesting actually.
Well at his check up he was 27 inches and 16.10 lbs. and healthy little bugger. If you have any questions please call me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is still the cutest little thing! I love him so much. I am so glad that he is part of our family! You look great in those photos, Jess!

Anonymous said...

As Tavis's grandparents, we are so proud of him and love him very much. Thanks Jessica and Nate for caring and giving the best to your little guy. We are behind you all the way. We will tend Tavis anytime that we can.

Andrea said...

Hey, Jess! Tavis is a doll! Thank you for inviting me to your blog! We need to catch up one of these days...

Andrea Porter

Parry's said...

What great Photos. I love how you are wearing gloves. Those pictures are priceless as well as his cute face! Talk to you soon@!

Abby said...

I hope everything gos as planed. Tavis is the cutest little guy. How was snowmobiling?

Jenn said...

Those pics are so fun! :) They will make a perfect scrapbook page...even the not so fun memories are worth a page :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few months!!!!!!

Harris said...

Tavis is so cute! I'll bet you and Nathan are having a blast! Thanks for writing on my page...I am so behind on blogs, I don't even know who has them...so thanks for letting me know! It looks like you guys are living the good snow life in Bear Lake...how I love those days! I also LOVED your gigantic christmas tree!! Can you believe I still haven't seen your new house!! I have heard how amazing it is...we will have to come visit one of these days! love ya!