Quote of the Day

“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves."

--Helen Keller,

deaf and blind author, activist

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Snowmobiles!!! WaaHooo!

On Thursday Nathan took his crew and me snowmobiling in Logan Canyon. We left about 9am and traveled to the Sinks in Logan Canyon also known as the one of the coldest places in th Nation. I have to say I held my own pretty well. While they were catching air off jumps I rode along the trails looking at all the beauty around me. They were in and out of holes up over hills (steep hills) and riding the sleds has hard as they could. We had a blast! Nathan taught me how to side hill a little bit until I got so tired I didn't have any muscle left to turn the machine one way or the other, so as long as we went straight I was just fine. I ended up sitting at the bottom of the hills taking pictures of the boys doing there thing. We started for home (thank goodness) around 3ish and I decided I could not go another 2 hours so I went home home and they continued their adventure in the hills behind our house and across the highway. The next morning I felt as though I was ran over by a truck and sure enough Nathan was up and running! Crazy. We sure had fun but it has cured me of my want for a snowmobile and has pushed Nathan even harder to get one. . . we shall see what the future brings for Nathan.



All the pictures are Nathan except for the last one. I couldn't do anything really cool so I just watched and took some awesome pictures! Oh by the way Nathan bought himself a snowmobile on Saturday. . .what a surprise. I knew he would bug me until I said yes so I figured I held him off for 4 years I guess I would give in now, he deserves it more than anyone I know. I will post pictures of his new one soon. . we just have to wait for a good day so Tavis can join in. :)!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Where are the pics?!?! I gotta see all the snow :) Sounds like you guys had a blast!

The Roberts Family said...

Hey...
Glad to find your site! You are amazing. I loved your quote for the day and your strength in all situations! We love you!!! Thanks for being so good to Brenan!

The Roberts Family said...

Jed was snowmobiling in Logan canyon that day too!! He loves it! Isn't it fun to have husbands that love the outdoors- it's always a huge adventure. We need to go together sometime- Jed's been asking if Nate would ever want to go ?? Tavis sure is a cutie- I know of a lot of babies that use those helmets. It's good to do it now before he would pull it off. Let's get together!

The Roberts Family said...

The comment above was from Carrie! SOrry- I'm helping my mom figure out bloggin!(:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!!I want to see pictures too!!

Melissa&Jesse said...

Love these pics, looks fun. Can't wait to see Nate's dragon, hope we can get out on 'em soon.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the pictures :) How fun!!!!! I'm sure the new snowmobile will get lots of use :) I remember growing up how much time Nate & Brandon spent on the snowmobile (unfortantely, it seemed like they spent more time fixing it than actually riding it).

Abby said...

We should all go one day. I wish that Brandon will take me. He says I'm not goog enough to go with him and the guys. Thats why we need to go guys and gals.