Quote of the Day

“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves."

--Helen Keller,

deaf and blind author, activist

Monday, June 30, 2008

Wow Tavis is ONE!

Wow what a day. Tavis got up at 6 which is early but I guess he knew it was his day! We went to church but I wanted Tavis to be rested for his party so we took him home early to get in his nap. We cooked delicious steaks and loaded mashed potatoes and had homemade rolls (i am getting so good at the roll thing) fruit salads and a load of junk food! It was so good! Nathan's family came down from Bloomington and Jenn and Dave were up from Ca. and Amber and Aaron we up from Provo and all the Grandparents came which was wonderful. We all just hung out and ate as much as we could then we opened presents. The best part of the day was when we gave Tavis his own cake.
- I made a tractor cake from a pan and decided I wanted to be cute like all my friends from back home and decorate it and I made a mess in my kitchen and worked all day on it and it looked good well kind of. . . well not really good at all but it was a good for a kid cake.

We got him down to his diaper and let him dig in. He didn't really eat much he was much more interested in smearing it all over the table and watching squeeze through his fingers. It was so cute until the black dye we used for the tires started dyeing everything purple including Tavis. We put him in the bath and it looked like we had beat him which i was in fear of because i had a Dr. the next day. All in all it was a great birthday and it has gone by so fast!! Thank you all for your support and love
Jess
What a hot lookin' birthday boy!






I love to drink out of straws
yes a mess!!

Nathan helped blow up all the balloons except he thought he was in some kind of competition with himself to see how big he could get them all before they popped. . .many popped first!
Dave Jenn and Amber
All the kids
A funny birthday family photo
Nathan at the Grill

The Grandparents

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday little man!!

Looks like a fun birthday. :) Aren't parties so much fun and so much work?!

The Ward Family said...

Jess your cake turned out so cute. Grandma & Grandpa said it was a fun party. I hope Tavis had a lot of fun. I can't believe he is a year already. Time just goes by TOO fast. See you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

It was a blast! I am so glad that we were able to make it to his sweet 1st birthday! He is so cute & handsome! I just love him so much. I loved your cake as well... love ya!

Heidi said...

Hey Jess... Its Heidi (Holmes) Shirley. How are you? Looks like you are having fun with a little one year old. ME TOO!! Ours was born April 15th. His name is Jackson.

and it looks like you are loving it in utah! I love finding so many people on here.

Take care! XOXOXO

Carrie said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAVIS! That cake is awesome! Great Job Jess! I love it when they squish it between their fingers. Looks like his party was a blast! I loved seeing all the picts! How fun for everyone to be in town to celebrate TAVIS! We sure love him!

Ashlee said...

how cute, happy birthday tavis!!! you did an awesome job on the cake too:)

Unknown said...

LOVE the cake!!! It really looks awesome! Good job! And no, that is SO not a mess in your kitchen! You should see mine after doing a cake...talk about a disaster!
Happy Birthday Tavis!!! You are the cutest and sweetest little thing ever!
What a good mamma you are, Jess.
P.s. I posted those pics of us on my blog if you wanna see 'em.

everyday katie said...

I love that you just let him sit on the table to devour that cake. You are a fun mom...as I imagined you would be.

Erin said...

It sure looks like he enjoyed the cake. Very cute cake by the way! Congrats on surviving the 1st year!

Abby said...

Happy late b-dy Tavis! Looks like it was a fun party.

Stacie A said...

Jessica?? Jessica?? Jessica?? Hey girl, it's Stacie A. How are you? I found your blog on Betheny's and thought I would check it out and say Hi. How are you? It would be great to catch up. Also, there are links to all the Aragon kids on my blog. I'm at www.wooterswaters.blogspot.com... stop by and say Hi. Hope you're doing well, your family is gorgeous!

Steph said...

I cant believe Tavis is already 1! It looks like he had fun with his adorable cake. I am glad i found your blog and get to be updated on how things are going!

Harmony said...

very cute cake! And funny story about the dark dye! crazy. Cute photos!