Quote of the Day

“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves."

--Helen Keller,

deaf and blind author, activist

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's a long one but it has lots of pictures!!!:)

A LADIES NIGHT OUT!
1. So this last wed. evening the RS in our ward had a fun little BQ and everyone brought so much food and we ate a chatted and it was so nice to get out a rub shoulders with the ladies you don't get to see very often. I love gatherings! More importantly I wanted all to see the family that has taken care of me during my times of difficulty with Carter and these women have now become sub-grandmothers to Tavis. I just wanted to show everyone all the people I love!!! (of course this isn't all of them but it's a good portion).

A CRACKING OF THE HEAD. . . OUCH!
2. Well that night I was doing some clean-up just before bed and all the lights were turned off and I was putting the last of the clothes in the laundry room and on the way i saw a sock on the ground so i went to pick it up and cracked my head on the counter-top and split it open. . . I didn't realize I had split it open until i went to stand up and blood started to rush down my face and arm. . .it was lovely as you can imagine so Nathan came to my rescue. . . kind of, he uh. . well . . . to put it nice he doesn't do well under pressure. This was 10:30 at night and at 11:30 I was able to get my stitches and all was well until I realized i had invited everyone to the beach on friday and I really did invited everyone i could think of so great I hope i didn't gross anybody out.

BEACH DAY . . .YEA FOR THE SUN!!
3. So I invited everyone to the beach with there kids because we all have needed to get out and play a little and I just love my friends and their kids. So We set up the canopy and played all day! I loved it! I love watching kids play in the sand and water and use their imaginations! So here are pictures of all of this! I thought Tavis would get bored since he's not completely mobile but Alli gave him a little shovel and he played all day in the dirt. He loves to dig i have found.

A Side note. .
I was helping the beautify committee plat flowers and I brought Tavis along and gave him a little shovel and he dug in those barrels and squeezed the dirt between his fingers for 2 hours and never got bored. . a true boy!

























7 comments:

jackie said...

What a fun post w/all of the pics! The beach day was a blast, thanks for the invite! You're really going to have to email me all of those pics of McKenna!

jeanine said...

Yikes about your head!!!
Looks like you had a fun time at the beach! I can't wait to take my boys there soon!

Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a good week aside from cracking your head. Ouchie!

Yvonne said...

About the post at the top...I agree whole heartedly about birthdays. They are a big deal in our house! Happy 1st Birthday to Tavis! Time goes so fast.

Keri said...

Hey
Thanks for the invite to the beach, sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like the kids had a blast. I am still trying to adjust with Dalin. I hope to be out and about more in the next month. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAVIS!

Unknown said...

So cute! What a boy! Yeah...you totally grossed me out with the head thing. (Insert major sarcasm here!) Whatever, Jess! I barely noticed it! And I am DYING to see that cake! I got your message and was totally laughing. (Sorry I didn't call you back, my sis was with me at the time, then I forgot) I'm sure it was adorable! You BETTER be proud of yourself!

Shalece said...

Your little boy is soo cute! The beach looked like tons of fun!

ps email me :)